THE SEASON HATS TOP 3 MILLINERY MOMENTS
Certain moments in life pass you by and end up shaping your career or life as a whole. For a milliner, these moments are more than likely connected to hats. Exploring this idea further and to give you a deeper understanding of the inner mind of milliners, we asked Paul and Selina – the duo behind innovative millinery brand The Seaosn Hats, to talk to us through their top millinery moments are! Paul and Selina have picked three moments which stood out for them and have had an impact on their brand.
The Season Hats are stocked on LoveHats and you can read our full interview with the team behind the brand by clicking here.
Here are Paul’s top 3 millinery moments:
3) First up, one of the biggest inspiration for Paul was after he graduated from the Royal College of Art. His graduate collection was photographed for an editorial in Vogue UK. It was the first time major press noticed him and the image continues to inspire him, he still smiles when he sees the copy, placed on his and Selina's studio shelf.
2) The second big millinery moment that continued to spark Paul's career and brand was when The Season Hats were requested by Premiere Classe to show their collection in Paris. This prestigious show is very hard to get into and having them approach the brand was a thrill for Paul.
1) For Paul, his top millinery moment was the exact time he found out that The Season Hats had been selected for Headonism and would be showing their SS17 collection as part of London Fashion Week!
These are Selina’s top 3 millinery moments:
3) First up for Selina - She was inspired when lovehats.com decided to stock The Season Hats launch collection – this faced the brand towards a global audience in a quality environment and Selina believes this has been instrumental to their continuing success. We obviously agree that this is a top millinery moment!
2) What's more inspiring than someone the first time a customer showed The Season Hats a lot of love. For her second millinery momet, Selina recalled the time a customer called to say that they loved a hat they had bought in a London shop, and please could The Season Hats make them 3 more and ship them to the USA.
1) Selina's most inspiring millinery moment came from The Season Hats being shortlisted for a Bridal Buyer Award. This moment helped the brand move towards one of their big visions and Selina has her fingers crossed for the next award ceremony in September 2016.